Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Workout Wednesdays #1

So, I thought I was keeping track of my jogs on this blog last week. Lo and behold, I logged on today to find my draft post erased. Hmpf! Definitely not as clever as I thought I was. :)

Let's shake that off and try again, shall we?!?

Rather than reporting my workouts every day, I think it's more feasible for me to do it on a weekly basis. I'm going to post on Wednesdays because....well, Wednesday is a nice mid-week check-in and it also just so happens to have a nice alliteration thing happening: W.....W is for Wednesday....W is for workout. Sorry. Sesame Street flashbacks! What can I say? I'm a child of the 70s.

I've basically been using the treadmill for my main workout. I've been following a hybrid of the "Couch to 5k" program and the Running Room's Learn to Run program, both of which have you do small bursts of jogging interspersed by recovery walks. In other words, I walk until I'm bored and run until I'm pooped.

So far, so good.

Actually, today is the first day I feel completely fine post-jog. No annoying stiffness or soreness from last evening's effort. I think I'm going to do the "proper" Week 1 plan for the week ahead. That is, jog for 30-seconds and walk for just 90-seconds before jogging again.

Here is the Workout Recap from last week:
- I made it onto the treadmill 4 times last week with a 5 min brisk walk, 20min of walk/jog and a 5 min cool down walk.
- Unrelated exercise included 9 holes of golf (walking with full bag), hitting the driving range once and doing a big 8km hike with the dog which included climbing 4 flights of stairs to a scenic lookout.

No wonder I'm tired this week. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much easier it gets and how you will love it!! I can't wait to follow your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog and following. Congrats on your weight loss! You're doing Great! I look forward to following you on your weight loss journey. Blogging is great so many people are so inspiring and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really on track! Good for you. I have started using my treadmill every dasy . Next week I am starting a workout class with a personal trainer. I need to pump up my workout ... alot!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea on Workout Wednesdays :) I may have to borrow that...if I know I am reporting my workouts on a weekly basis maybe I will be more motivated!...UGH! the HEAT is killing me!

    ReplyDelete