Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Workout Wednesdays #2

I'm back with my weekly exercise report!

I've been focusing on my walk/jog for the past week. Southern Ontario has been hit with a "heat wave" for the past 4-5 days, which has made jogging outside difficult for me. My friends to the south will probably laugh at this, but 30-degrees celsius (about 86F) is hot, Hot, HOT around these parts. ;) I've taken my workouts to the treadmill (in my air-conditioned basement!) to compensate.

Thursday: 30s jog/90s walk recovery
Friday: 30s jog/90s walk recovery
Saturday: nothing special, but did go to the driving range
Sunday: swam at the cottage (15min front crawl, 15 min treading water)
Monday: hiked with D and T for 60 minutes
Tuesday: 45s jog/75s walk recovery
Today: 45s jog/75s walk recovery

Moving from 30 seconds of jogging to 45 seconds was so noticeable for me this week. My plan is to stick to this ratio for the week ahead and commit to getting in 5 sessions on the treadmill.

I read somewhere that treadmills should be set to at least 1.3% incline to replicate running outdoors. Does anyone have any info on this?

Hope you have a great week!
Rae

4 comments:

  1. What a great week of workouts good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work!! It is funny because I am from Arizona originally and that is the temperature during the winter months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raegun!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog :) It made my day! It's been in the mid90s here, so I have returned to the treadmill. Even trying to jog in the morning was getting super tough! Now I am just trying to stay motivated. I LOVED running outside, so I get bored fast on the treadmill. Can't wait to spend some time reading your blog and getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae, I was doing that last year and need to get back at it. I would alternate walking and running and was getting great results. So mad I stopped! good for you!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete