Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Workout Wednesdays #4

I really didn't want to run last night. I was full of excuses. My shins were sore from doing a hard outdoor trail run the day before. It was getting late. I had a hard day at work. Then, as I was cruising my favourite blogs in search of some motivation and a proverbial kick in the arse to get moving, the universe answered my call! Check out this verification word I was given while commenting over at See How She Runs :


Run R(a)e. Sounded like an instruction to me! I mean, how can you ignore THAT!?

The Week In Review
- did run/walk for 25-minutes with 45-second running bursts 4 times
- golfed 9 holes walking (got a 52.....ouch!)
- last night's trail "run"; 20 minutes light jogging continuous (but super slow)

I'm sticking with the run/walk for the week ahead because....well....it seems to be working. I'm going to try to increase the amount of run time to a full minute. I know I'm taking this very slowly, but I am reluctant to go too fast for fear of injuring myself. You see, the last time I did this I ended up with shin splints by Week 6.

Hope you're having a great week!
Rae
xo

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that was a sign to run. I love it that's great!!! Shin splints sound so painful, ouch! Slow and steady wins the race, right! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is CRAZY! HAHA! Definitely a sign! Good exercise this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE things like this!!!! Love me a good sign!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, the cosmos was certainly speaking to you there! Mine is saying, "School bad. Summer vacation good."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally believe in signs - too bad it didn't say "eatchocolatenow" :-D

    ReplyDelete