Zip. Zero. Zilch. My first goose egg. I’d love to say that it’s been a tough week in Rae-land, but I’d be lying. Truth is, I didn’t give 100% this week and it showed on the scale. The scary thing is that I can’t even pinpoint exactly what went wrong:
- I ate pretty well. 1500 calories most days
- I exercised pretty well. Logged 6 miles this week doing 2 sessions of Cto5k
- I drank water
Wait a minute. SCRATCH THAT! Who am I kidding? I know exactly what went wrong:
- I only tracked my food 4/7 days, and I darn well bet that I went over on the days I didn’t track
- I only did two days of my running program when I should have done at least 3 like I intended
- I didn’t drink nearly as much water as I normally do. Maybe 1L per day instead of my usual 2L.
- I didn’t strength train at all.
This is evidence that I can’t continue to do as I have done and still expect to see progress. I really need to push myself for the week ahead and go get some results. Yes – results. Those things you have to chase down, the things that don’t just fall into your lap while you slack off. Doing things half-assed isn’t going to get me to my goal. I think I need to spend some time this weekend reminding myself of why I’m doing this! This is no time to give up.
I’m going to post this to my fridge and my office wall this week to remind myself “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to realize they’ve got a second”:
I hope you’re all having a better week than me!