Friday, September 24, 2010

Down but not out! (-5.0)

Just as I was using all your great comments to get my mojo back, I was literally knocked on my ass by a cold this week. I mean, this wasn't a little sniff-sniff-polite-cold. This was the type that has you hacking, sneezing, spewing phlegm and cowering as your head pounds. The kind that has women sheltering their small children as they pass you on the street. Ugly. To top it all off, I was on the road for work three days this week, which made me #1 public enemy among my colleagues. But alas, $200,000 research projects will stop for no virus.

The upside: a 5 pound weight loss. Woo hoo! If you'd like to see similar results, just follow my 5 easy steps:
1. Remove solid foods from your diet
2. Remove soft foods from your diet
3. Derive 98% of your sustenance from plain herbal tea
4. Sleep 10-hours a day
5. Work up a sweat by sneezing and coughing

Easy-peasy, LOL!

I'm starting to feel more like myself, but will be keeping things pretty low key this weekend. I'll focus on cheering on YOU from the sidelines and getting a plan together for next week.

Have a great weekend!
Rae
xx

14 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I am glad you are starting to feel better and at least you got 5 pounds off out of it ; ) Can't wait to hear about a better week ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were so sick! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like Emily Blount said in Devil Wears Prada, "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." Haha. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Friend!! So sorry you've been sick!!! Get better and take care of yourself!! Praying for you!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hit by a chest cold, too. Still lingering as we speak. I'm actually wondering if it isnt the flu. I feel like the walking, hacking dead. :(

    So--you have my sympathies and WAHOO 5 pounds loss--my it not rebound when you feel better and rehydrate.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your feeling better. You already got a running start on the weight loss for next week...but definitely try some solid/soft foods. haha. You'll be feeling 100% soon just keep up with fluids and try to move a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so THAT'S how we can all get rid of those elusive "last 5 pounds"! Thanks for the tip! ;)
    Glad you are starting to feel more like yourself. That just sounds like an overall sucky sickness!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon. I would love to lose 5 pounds a week, but not your way LOL.

    Take care and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I'm going to pass on that particular diet for now. Maybe when I get really desperate to move the scale... ;) But hey, a loss is a loss! Kudos, and I hope you feel better after a low key weekend!!! Big hugs through the computer (so I don't catch your germs! hee hee) and enjoy resting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon!

    Hey, you put The Impression That I Get on your playlist! Awesome. My buddy who played on it might get a kick out of that.

    And yes, I'll take you up on the hockey challenge! Don't know too many overweight hockey players, but I'll find a good story somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better! I wish I could send you my famous chicken noodle soup - nature's medication.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, so that's the way to lose five pounds! Good to know!! Hehe.

    I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope you keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete