Friday, November 12, 2010

home sweet home

I've returned from sunny So-Cal with good news: I not only survived my business trip, but I thrived! If only those on the stranded Carnival cruise could say the same. Oh my!



San Diego Highlights

10. Learning about the fascinating projects that others in my field are involved in. I felt completely energized by my conference, which is a rare thing! I gathered plenty of great ideas to take back to my team.

9. Daily walks through San Diego's gaslamp district: taking in the sights, sounds, artwork and people watching. Good for the soul!

8. Choosing Starbuck's oatmeal for breakfast over the fatty/sugary hotel breakfast buffet spread. Every day.

7. Getting my 8 glasses of water in. Every day.

6. Hitting the hotel gym 2/5 days

5. Nordstrom sale. Who would've thought I'd have to go to San Diego to find an incredible winter hat? Ha! I also scored my favourite body wash & lotion through a gift set. One of the few luxuries I can't find in Toronto. ;)

4. Vitamin D! We enjoyed a few patio breaks throughout the conference, overlooking the bay and taking in the sun. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do to your energy level. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the 50-degree F weather now after being in 78-degrees!

3. Shopping at Target! Love, love, love Target. Especially as we get closer to the holidays. Oh Target....when will you come to Canada?!?!

2. Running with my coworker 3/5 days without humiliating myself. She was fast, but I had the stamina. We met in the middle with an easy jog and I got in a few 3-miles runs.

1. Logging 14 miles on foot towards the November Throwdown. Did you hear that Katie? LOL I know you're still kicking my butt, but I vow to over-take you this weekend. ;)

Hope you had a great week!
Rae
xo

11 comments:

  1. LOL I hear you!! I did a 20 mile bike ride today...should have went running to rack up the foot miles but the bike ride was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lived in SD for 13 yrs after college and married a SD gal. Moved to OC and became a ducks fan in 2000. Miss SD daily.

    Who is your team?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome business trip. And congrats on keeping your health plan in check. This is my first visit to your blog. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back...see, I told you that you didn't have a thing to worry about!!! :)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rae - thank you so much for the comment on my blog. You can absolutely participate in the 5K challenge tomorrow. I'm glad you want to. Please email me your post-5K photo tomorrow so I can post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a couple of Bliss products I really like, too - I usually end up ordering them through Sephora. And I love Target, too! It's one store I always visit when I'm in the U.S. Way to get your workouts in! I'm always afraid to run with other people because I'm so slow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great. I'm up on Monday with a report on my conference in Florida. Unfortunately, despite avoiding lots of junk food, I gained. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great work trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say that was an all-around successful trip! That weather sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy you had a great trip. Isn't Target the best! It's my favorite. I love that store.

    ReplyDelete