Thursday, December 16, 2010

rae's super mega fantastic update

That's right folks, I said super Mega FANTASTIC.
(There is no font large enough or flashy enough to emphasize what a great week I'm having.)

1. I'm an Aunt....again!
My sister announced the arrival of my beautiful niece on Monday. Introducing Savannah Marie...
Welcome to the world, little one! I can't wait to meet you this weekend.

2. I am down 6 pounds from last week.
Winter running pays off! This may just give me the motivation that I need to continue outdoors now that we've been dumped on with over a foot of snow.

3. Blogger Secret Santa Exchange is in full swing
Jill over at Run With Jill has organized a massive secret santa operation. Yesterday I received a fabulous surprise in the mail...

It reads: I hope this gives you the inspiration to continue living a life of fitness and running!


Eeek! Thank you, thank you, my bloggy secret santa!!!! I can't wait to curl up by the fire with this book on the weekend. When I'm finished reading it, I'm going to lend it to my running 'partner in crime' so that she can enjoy it as well. It looks fabulous. XOXO Now...you didn't leave me with many clues to track you down, but I'm going to do some sleuthing! :)

4. Patrick at The Road has unveiled a new social network for athletes.
I'm a little late to the party (been meaning to join for a week now!), but I finally got around to it. The Endurance Athlete Project is a great source of inspiration for newbies like me. Go, now...check it out!


5. I got a promotion!
After nearly two months spent jumping through numerous HR hoops and hard negotiations, my promotion to Director was finally announced (& technically, the role created) yesterday. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to continue developing professionally with a team that I respect and love working with every day. I'll be working through a transition period while I take on more planning and strategy work while stepping away from my client-facing work. My teammates were thrilled with the move, which is important given my peers will now be reporting in to me. It comes with more responsibility, more money and more work....two of three make me smile.

Have a great weekend everyone - be good!
Rae
xo

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming an Aunt again! She's beautiful!

    WOW! 6 pounds in a week! Impressive! You go girl!

    Congrats on your promotion! You are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmass and Ho Ho Ho! Yes this would be your secret santa!

    Congrats on being an aunt again. That is so awesome! Down 6 lbs and a promotion you are on a roll! I hope good karma just keeps coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is as good a week as anyone could wish for, congrats on so many awesome things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! MEGA Fantastic is right!! Congratulations on so many things!! You'll have to get pictures with niece when you see her, and then rush over here to show all of us! :-)

    And six pounds? That's pretty dang awesome, too! You are on fire, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an AWESOME book!! Yay blog buddy. I did email your blog bud and told her your hunting her down :).

    Congratulation, Auntie. What a gorgeous baby...and a beautiful name to match! And woohoo to th e promotion, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 pounds...that's fantastic! Sounds like you've had a wonderful, fantastic, amazing week, too! Congratulations on your promotion and new baby niece!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL that dogbert strip was hilarious.

    Congrats on the great week, Rae. Seeing your loss makes me wish I was a runner!! I am so proud of you for being a runner and running in winter no less. You are truly an athlete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on niece, weight loss and promotion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay on all fronts!!! I'm gonna check out that site! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, good things are coming your way! Congrats on everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful news all the way around. I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you're having a great week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHH!! Thank you so much for the comment on my blog :-) I haven't seemed to be getting many lately (I think people stopped reading when my computer broke and I stopped posting as much), so I'm glad to know somebody out there is reading!!

    CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING!! What a stellar week for you!! This is all so amazing & I can't congratulate you enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmmh, I'm a little intimidated to be blogging friends with a Director! I'm not worthy :-) Congrats on your promotion. Very cool. What a great presents too - how cool is Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did have a great week!! Congrats on everything!! You so deserve it!!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becoming an auntie, weight loss , promotion... whoo hoo!!!!!
    What a great week! I'm so happy foryou!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the new niece :) You'll have to tell me if the book is good! I hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the weight loss and becoming an Aunt.

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the good news! Seems like a rarity on the blogs these days. Everyone going through the post Christmas "oh-shits". :-)

    ReplyDelete